The Cuisinart DLC-10S is a 7 cup food processor that features a number of attachments that will enable you to prepare a wide range of foods. No matter whether you are trying to save money on your food bill or want to eat healthier foods, you will find few other food processors for other appliances that can match it.
While searching for a particular model, you should always make sure that you know what attachments already come with the food processor as well as warranty information. Let’s see what the Cuisinart DLC-10S has in this area:
- Dough blade– If you want to make cookies, bread, or pies, the dough blade is going to be absolutely necessary. Most companies will not include a dough blade if the motor is going to die out under this type of strain.
- Shredding and slicing discs– Ideal for salads, cheeses, and other items used for garnishes and side dishes.
- Extra large feeding tube– An extra large feeding tube makes it easier to add liquids as well as larger chunks of squash and other vegetables.
- 5 year motor warranty– a longer warranty period on the motor can be seen as a vote of confidence from the manufacturer.
What Customers Like
- Easy to fit larger foods such as cucumbers into the chute without having to pre-cut them. If you are planning on doing a good bit of canning, this is one feature that most agree is necessary.
- Good for preparing salads. Most people writing food processor reviews found this particular processor a joy to work with in terms of preparing salads.
- Ideal for shredding cheeses and combining them. If you love pizza like many other reviewers, you are sure to appreciate this feature.
What Customers Don’t Like
- Flimsy lock mechanism– Since the lock mechanism often fails you may find that you will be dealing with customer service quite often to deal with this problem.
- Bread blade jams– This can be an absolute misery, especially if you have to remove the dough during the kneading phase.
- Shaft heats up under heavy load– Many food processor reviews authors felt this was not a good sign of motor durability.
- Motor does not last long– A number of people noted that the motor actually burned out in about 1 – 2 years.
Top Rating Factors
- Durability– A bit below expectation, but not a surprise given the nature of heavier foods such as cookie and bread doughs.
- Performance– This food processor is suitable for lighter processing such as salads and cheese shredding. It may also work well enough for pre-canning chopping.
- Price – When compared to others that also fail to last under the burdens of dough preparation, The Cuisinart DLC-10S is cheaper, and therefore better priced. Click here for the latest price
In congruence with other food processors, we feel that this unit will work in a light duty kitchen. You can use it occasionally for making bread and cookie dough, but don’t expect it to hold up for very long. We also recommend taking extra care with the locking mechanism to avoid breakage or other damage. For the price, we can also say that it may be good as a first Cuisinart food processor if you have not worked with one before.