If you are searching for the best food processor to buy, you are likely to find a number of people talking about the Cuisinart FP-120DC. This particular Cuisinart food processor is perfect for big jobs and big families. Since it is a 12 cup food processor, you can easily prepare fruits and vegetables for canning as well as all sorts of other jobs. You may also find this is the best food processor if you want to prepare all your foods for a week or more in order to save time later on.
If you have read other food processor reviews, it is absolutely necessary to make sure that you get some ideas about the capacities of the food processor. This can be easily gauged by the types of attachments as well as the warranty information on the motor and other parts. Here are some of the best features of the Cuisinart FP-120DC.
- Dough blade– Ideal for making pie and cookie doughs. You can also use this blade for bread dough, but you may have to knead by hand once the dough is formed.
- Slicing and shredding discs– Perfect for making salads and shredding cheeses for pizza toppings. If you like to make garnishes for meals, these blades can also be used for that purpose.
- Large and small work bowls– When you want to chop something for a snack, the small bowl can be used for that task. This processor can truly accommodate any sized processing job with ease.
- 10 year motor warranty– Ideal for anyone that wants an appliance that will last for a long time
What Customers Like
- Different sized working bowls for large and small tasks– Even if you do not have a large family, the larger bowl can still be used for bulk cooking while you use the smaller one for daily tasks.
- Easy to use for making salads and shredding cheeses– Anyone that is vegan will appreciate being able to easily combine many different foods in an appealing series of layers.
- Enough power to manage doughs– Many customers noted that they bought this processor mainly to make breads and other foods that tend to have far too many preservatives when pre-cooked.
What Customers Don’t Like
- Plastic bowls contain BPA– Food processor reviews authors that are health conscious noted that this toxin found in the bowls caused them to either stop using the food processor or return it for a refund.
- Does not have a wide feed tube — A number of reviewers found this cumbersome, since they had to cut foods into smaller pieces before adding. Some also noted that the smaller chute made it harder to pour liquids efficiently.
- Lock mechanism is flimsy– A serious problem for anyone that plans to use the processor on a daily basis.
Top Rating Factors
- Durability- Since relatively few customers noted failed motors, it seems to be more durable than others in its class.
- Performance-If you can get past the BPA in the bowls, you will find this 12 cup food processor works far better than others in its price range.
- Price – More expensive than other food processors, but may be worth it if you want something durable and efficient. Click Here for price
Overall, we feel that this unit is ideal for anyone that wants a durable and easy to use machine. That said, if you are uncomfortable with BPA in the bowls, then you should look to another processor. Since the price is fairly high, we tend to feel that the company can, and should address the BPA issue.