While you are looking for the best food processor suited for your needs, you must not over look the Cuisinart FP-14DC. This is a 14 cup food processor that can easily meet the needs of both families and individuals. Today, many customers find that this is the best food processor for preparing many different foods without having to spend a fortune. At the very least, if you want to end reliance on TV dinners and pre-packaged foods, this Cuisinart food processor should be of benefit.
As you continue searching for the right unit, you will want to know more about it’s durability and the kinds of foods you can prepare with it. Usually, the kinds of attachments and motor warranty information will shed some light on this matter. Here are some of the most important features of the Cuisinart FP-14DC.
- Slicing and shredding discs– Do you love the smell of fresh pizza with mushrooms, pepperoni, and multiple cheeses? The slicing and shredding discs that come with this food processor will make preparing just about any topping easy to achieve.
- Dough blade– If you are planning to make cookie, bread, or pie dough, this may become one of you favorite blades to work with.
- 5 year motor warranty– Ideal for anyone that wants a processor that will not break down in the middle of bulk cooking.
- Large and small pushers–If you are making a small snack, the smaller pusher is bound to hold appeal for you.
What Customers Like
- Large and small pushers are ideal for both large and small food preparation tasks. A number of customers noted that they loved being able to use large pushers for big, bulky items, and then the smaller ones for quick jobs. This makes for faster cleanup as well as more efficient operation.
- Chopping blades good for nuts and other hard foods. Several customers noted that this unit easily chops nuts where others fail miserably.
- 5 year motor warranty – long warranty on the motor.
What Customers Don’t Like
- Warranty does not cover chopping blades– some customers were very disappointed to find that the blades are flimsy. When they tried to invoke the warranty, they were told these parts were not covered, even though this was not explicitly stated in the contract.
- Flimsy plastic parts – Several customers noted that the bowls feels cheap and flimsy.
- Price are a bit on the expensive side but given the 5 years warranty on the motor, you will get what you pay for.
For the most part, we agree with the major users, and find that this unit can truly be of benefit if you plan to prepare a wide range of foods. It may be suitable for first time food processor users. That said, if you want to get a good idea of the true power and convenience of a food processor, this one will give you a good feel for them. We can also safely recommend this unit for advanced users that want to upgrade to something a bit classier in appearance.